Africa Day 1:: WE’RE HERE!!!

I am FINALLY sitting outside at our beautiful guest home in BUJUMBURA, BURUNDI!!!  From Houston to Chicago to Brussels to Bujumbura… I am done with airplanes for awhile:)  It was dark when we arrived (7 hours ahead of Houston time), so I still don’t really know where I am, but I will see it tomorrow!  We are dirty and sleepy, but we had REAL food and are taking SHOWERS tonight!!  Enjoy a few pics…

Fresh bananas and mandarins (not limes)I can’t remember what this deliciousness was called.PIZZA!!  Check out the boxes!!  Love it!One of our fearless leaders, Kelley (her husband, Claude, is our other leader), telling us about tomorrow’s plans.Here we are!!  Good looking group!  (And I am behind the camera – but I promise I am here and alive!)

More to come – but not tonight!!

9 comments

Robin Jackson - June 9, 2010 - 3:37 pm

I miss those baby bananas… they were my favorite!!! Sneak me some home please! 😉 hehehehe. I didn’t realize those were the guest houses you were staying at. I think my team went there one night for dinner when we stayed in Matara. Love you and the whole team and am praying for you guys like crazy!!! Have fun!
-Robin-

Laura Shook - June 9, 2010 - 9:41 pm

Thanks for the pictures Ellen! So glad you guys arrived safely! We are praying for a great week! Love you!
Laura

Leigh Ann Sanderson - June 9, 2010 - 9:49 pm

Thanks or the pix! Prayin for y’all! ;D

Lezlie Armour - June 9, 2010 - 10:05 pm

Ellie!
It is great to see you all made it safe and sound! I love the pictures! I hope you finally sleep well and can’t wait to hear how God works! Love you and looking forward to more pictures!
mom

Tracee Leach - June 9, 2010 - 10:33 pm

It is great to see all of you and we know you are there Ellen. Great pictures by the way. I’m glad you all made it and your luggage.

Lynette Adam - June 9, 2010 - 10:34 pm

I am so thrilled you are there. Prayed for you all the way there. I am so looking forward to your blogs and pictures.

Andie Wyrick - June 9, 2010 - 10:43 pm

awww. the bananas are the best! Sending everyone in Burundi all my love! Praying for you guys EVERY single day. I can’t wait to hear and see all God’s good work. Love ya’ll

Arianna Finkel - June 10, 2010 - 12:10 pm

awww the little baby bananas were the best!!! so glad yall got there safe cant wait to see more pics!!! I’m so excited to see what God has in store for yall and the Batwa this year!!! ill keep yall in my prayers :)

Melinda - June 12, 2010 - 1:39 pm

The pictures are wonderful. Y’all are in my prayers and I know God is doing great work there. God Bless!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

T w e e t e r s