“Welcome Home Baby Girl.”

A new sound filled the home of Melinda and Clyde this evening: the tiny squeak of a hungry Abby. Melinda stood over her precious daughter, lifted her out of her car seat, and whispered “welcome home baby girl.” It was like angels were singing harmony behind her. Melinda pulled sweet Abby close to cuddled her face-t0-face. She kissed her and was lost in the moment–Abby was home. She was never expected to be there. But she is. What story she has already been to each and every one of us that God is God: and He loves us. It’s amazing that this child has touched so many. 4th day birthday celebrated and well into her 5th day of life, the Gordons are smiling from ear to ear exhausted with love.

Clyde was as proud as a dad could be, Ashlin was ready to be the big sister she had been dreaming of, and life has begun it’s next chapter of grace.

17 comments

Robert and Danna Chapman - September 27, 2010 - 8:04 pm

Thank you Randy for allowing us to share in this moment with the Gordons. Baby Abby is such a precious gift.

Kellie Chiari-Gibb - September 27, 2010 - 8:45 pm

This is Kellie, the weekend day-shift nurse. I’ve been checking for your posting all day in great anticipation! I’m so proud of you guys! Such a beautiful day to welcome home a beautiful family. I have been praising God all day that he would care so sweetly for us, that in His perfect timing, He would bless so many, so powerfully.

Kristy Deslatte - September 27, 2010 - 9:15 pm

Wow. What an amazing gift God has bestowed up on the Gordons – really upon all of us. I can’t say it enough. I am completely overwhelmed. Thanks again Randy! I check your web-site about 100 times a day for updates!

Becky Sanders - September 27, 2010 - 9:29 pm

I love that ya’ll are doing this… it’s amazing to see what a miracle this baby is and how each day of her life is such a gift. I look forward to reading your updates – nice work :)

Cheryl Sills Smith - September 27, 2010 - 10:12 pm

Melinda and Clyde,
What precious pictures of a precious time. Congratulations on your baby girl. I just want you to know I am praying without ceasing.
Have fun loving on your sweet daughter!!! Cheryl

Charmaine Taylor - September 27, 2010 - 10:56 pm

AMAZING & WONDERFUL…GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!

Amanda Lively - September 27, 2010 - 11:03 pm

Like Kellie, I’ve been checking for a post all day! I couldn’t even sleep because I was so excited! Abby touched all of us at Methodist and I feel so lucky to have spent time with her! Thank y’all for sharing her with us! I’m humbled and awed at God’s miracle!!! Looking forward to seeing more pictures!!!

Sharon Johnston - September 28, 2010 - 7:35 am

Randy, another awesome day for sure! Melinda and Clyde what amazing people you are….we are so blessed to have you in our lives. Love you, Sharon

Vicki Coon Willis - September 28, 2010 - 8:06 am

Welcome Home Abby! Such a precious gift from God. Thank you Clyde, Melinda and Ashlin for allowing your wonderful friend Randy to share Abby’s beautiful journey of life with all of us. We are blessed, Abby has forever changed our lives and touced our hearts. Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you. God Bless, Vance, Vicki and Cody Willis

Andie Wyrick - September 28, 2010 - 9:21 am

Celebrating all these wonderful and precious moments. What a beautiful and amazing little lady (:

Chris, Kari, and Savannah - September 28, 2010 - 12:57 pm

Melinda and Clyde,

My mom forwarded the blog info. to us recently. We are keeping track of Baby Abby and her amazing progress everyday! She is definitely a “little fighter” and we pray for Abby and her family every day. These are such precious moments and priceless memories you’ve gotten to share with her! We love seeing the family pictures….especially big sis Ashlin holding her little sis Abby….so cute and precious. Baby Abby is definitely a gift from God! She is so strong and courageous! We’re happy Randy has been able to share these wonderful pictures online! We will continue to keep ya’ll in our thoughts and prayers! Love, The Trotters

Bobbie Watson - September 28, 2010 - 3:04 pm

Welcome home beautiful girl.. both of you! I thought I heard the angels clapping and singing yesterday. I know it was for you! In His Grip….

Laura Shook - September 28, 2010 - 3:43 pm

Oh my goodness! This makes me SO happy! What an amazing answer to prayer!

Karin Marsh-Aragon - September 28, 2010 - 4:00 pm

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story of Hope and Grace. We are keeping all of you in our prayers. The story is so wonderful I have shared it with my friends and they are praying as well. Thanks Be to God for Baby Abby and God Bless you all.
PEACE K-Kay Marsh-Aragon

Tami Osborne - September 28, 2010 - 4:49 pm

One of my new daily habits…checking this site for posts on this wonderful work of God! So Wonderful!

Cindy Sills Pool - September 28, 2010 - 10:08 pm

What a precious gift an angel sent among us. I am praying for you baby Abby and mom, dad, and sister too. I love you all and am blessed as you walk this journey with our incredible God. Thank you for allowing us to be a part.

Terry Cooper - September 29, 2010 - 10:49 pm

That’s a very beautiful baby, and such a wonderful gift from the Lord! Great photos.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

T w e e t e r s